Ms. Mautz is the founder and president of Chinus Cultural Productions, a Portland based company that strives to bridge the cultural divide through music, dance, and performing arts. She is also the China advisor to the President of the Juilliard School.
Born and raised in Beijing, China, Ms. Mautz was a senior liaison officer at the Ministry of Culture in Beijing prior to obtaining her Master’s Degree in journalism from New York University. She has worked for various news organizations including CNN International affiliate in Hong Kong, BBC in London, and CBS News and CBS HealthWatch in New York.
Below are highlights of Chinus accomplishments:
- Presented Beijing Dance Company (resident company of the famed Beijing Dance Academy) in its ground breaking U.S. tour: debut at Kennedy and Lincoln Centers in 2011; critically acclaimed five-city tour on the West Coast in 2010;
- Co-produced 2008 Beijing Olympics cultural highlight concerts: Divas in Beijing, featuring opera stars including Renee Fleming, Angela Gheorghiu, Sumi Jo; and new generation “three tenors” Marcello Giordani, Salvatore Licitra, and Ramon Vargas.
- Press and public relations advisor to the Juilliard Orchestra’s China tour in Beijing, Shanghai and Suzhou in May/June, 2008;
- China advisor for the World Monuments Fund in New York, a prestigious conservation organization that is responsible for an on-going multimillion-dollar conservation project in the Forbidden City of Beijing
- Produced the China tour of New York Choral Society
- Produced the China tour of All Nations Dance Company
- Co-produced New York Choral Society’s “Yellow River Cantata” at Carnegie Hall
- Produced the 2013 China tour of the Jefferson Dancers in Portland